Sweet mother of all things that are good in this world. Lexi’s ears are up!! They kind of bounce up and down now which is cute, she looks like a totally different dog! I keep calling her a wolf hybrid mostly because of all the sounds she makes. Unfortunately we are on vacation and we forgot the camera chord so we won’t have pictures up til we are back.
Oh and just in case you were wondering here is what worked/didn’t work for Lexi’s ears:
First attempt: Blue painters tape just on the ears via Waffles’ technique.
- This fell off so quickly! it was like her hair was alive and trying to claw its way out!
Second attempt: Masking tape via Waffles’ technique again.
- This was so sturdy and stayed on for a full 24 hours! We thought we had found ‘the one’ but when we went to take it off a ton of Lexi’s hair came with it. It was also really painful for her. So we NEVER did that again.
Third and FINAL attempt: We went back to the painters tape because that didn’t hurt her at all, and we taped her ears the same way at before but we made sure to seal the edges with more tape and then we also taped a bridge in between the two ears.
- This gave a lot of stability since she loves to flop around and play with Cosmo. It also would stay on at least 12 hours if we taped her up nicely, and when we had to take it off we could just pull and minimal hair came out and no yelping. After 3 days of this and they are nice and perky!